Like R/C cars that are crazy fast and will drift like Ken Block? Then you need this 128km/h Arrma Felony 6S BLX 4WD RTR in your life.
Loosely based on the Arrma Infraction, the Felony looks stunning and is just as quick too, able to rocket to 128km/h with the 6S LiPo and the included speed pinion gear. But let’s walk back a bit.
This Arrma Felony dropped onto the Internet yesterday and has just about sold out in the US already. Fortunately, stock is on its way to Australia and MotoFomo spoke with the local distributor, Model Flight and they said stock will land on September 4.
So, what is the Felony? Well, it’s an all-road, all-conditions drag racing drift car…think Ken Block and that’s the sort of thing you can do with this rig. The 1/7th scale body, as you can see, is based on old-school resto-mod muscle cars and there are a bunch of included accessories that will allow you to personalise your Felony and the wing can be adjusted for more downforce.
The five-spoke wheels are wrapped in dBoots Hoons all-road tyres and if you watch the video you’ll see you can get this thing to smoke the tyres without too much trouble at all. The tyres are wider at the back and the front and rear gearbox ratios have been matched to suit.
Underneath is the Arrma 6061-T6 anodized aluminum chassis with heavy-duty drivetrain including steel driveshafts plus all-metal diff outdrives and gearbox internals. There’s a centre chassis brace for added strength. The adjustable, oil-filled, anodized aluminum shocks are mounted on strong, black-anodized aluminum shock towers.
The Felony runs a 3-channel Spektrum DX3 radio and an SR6110AT receiver featuring AVC (Active Vehicle Control) technology for high-speed stability. A voltage level indicator is built into the transmitter to keep track of battery level. The Felony’s “brushless power system also features Spektrum Firma Smart components, so it’s easy to receive real-time updates of ESC temperature, receiver (BEC) voltage, drive pack voltage and motor RPM” via the Spektrum Dashboard app for iOS and Android.
The Arrma Felony will arrive in stores locally from September 4 and is priced from $1199.99. Click on these blue words to place your order. And stay tuned to MotoFomo because we’ll be getting our hands on one these bad boys very soon for a thrash.
Arrma Felony 6S BLX 4WD RTR Key Features
- Spektrum 3-Channel DX3 2.4GHz DSMR radio and SR6110AT Receiver with AVC (Active Vehicle Control)
- Compatible with Spektrum Dashboard app for iOS or Android
- ARRMA ADS-15M Waterproof Servo
- Spektrum Firma 150A Smart ESC
- Spektrum Firma 4074 2050Kv Brushless Motor with Safe-D input gears
- Muscle car handling with regular front and larger rear tires
- Front and rear gearbox ratios matched to tire sizes
- Customizable scale muscle car looks
- Includes interchangeable accessory kit and decals
- Multi-part undercut body design
- Adjustable front and rear body mounts
- Aerodynamically adjustable wing
- 3mm Plate, 6061-T6 anodized aluminum chassis
- Center brace for maximum durability
- Heavy-duty drivetrain with durable steel driveshafts throughout
- High-speed center driveshaft support
- Three oil-filled metal gear diffs
- All-metal diff outdrives and gearbox internals
- Oil-filled, adjustable, anodized aluminum shocks
- Black-anodized aluminum front and rear shock towers
- Front bumper and splitter
- Rear diffuser with exhaust detailing
- Waterproof receiver box
- Large battery trays
- Five-spoke wheels
- Durable wheel hubs
- dBoots Hoons all-road tires
- 2-year limited warranty