The Nissan Juke never really lived up to Nissan’s high expectations when it launched here in 2010, well, now the 2020 model is here and it’s bigger but is it better?
Bigger could be better, right. I mean, the world, despite almost no-one buying cars right now, is clamouring for the next SUV. And the 2020 Juke is that. And Nissan reckons because it’s bigger and more luxurious than before that it’ll “reset the bar for small SUVs in Australia”.
That’s a big ask. Because this country isn’t exactly short on SUVs. We’ll take the thing for a spin soon enough but here’s what you need to know before the thing arrives in dealerships in June.
The all-new Nissan Juke is now longer, wider and taller than its predecessor, measuring 4210mm in length (+75mm), 1800mm in width (+35mm) and 1595mm in height (+30mm), all with a kerb weight of between 1251-1274kg depending on the variant.
UNder the bonnet is a 1.0-litre, turbocharged, three-cylinder engine, delivering 84kW and 180Nm of torque, paired with a seven-speed, dual-clutch automatic gearbox that can be controlled manually via the steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
To improve fuel efficiency, the new Juke borrows some tech from the GT-R. True. It gets Nissan’s patented Mirror Bore Spray Coating (BSC) Liner technology, within its three cylinders to reduce piston friction.
There’s an 8.0-inch infotainment unit with Apple and Android connectivity. Native sat-nav is available on ST+, ST-L and Ti via TomTom Maps and Live Traffic.
Standard safety features include Forward Collision Warning and Intelligent Emergency Braking (including the capability to detect pedestrians and cyclists), Traffic Sign Recognition, Lane Departure Warning and Intelligent Lane Intervention.
Built on the new Alliance CMF-B platform. The Juke is approximately six percent lighter and around 13 percent more rigid than the old car. A stiffer platform meant ride and handling could be improved with the front suspension a whopping 22 percent stiffer than the old Juke.
The all-new Juke is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty, five-year, 24-hour roadside assistance and six-year capped-price-servicing program.
2020 Nissan Juke Key Features and Pricing
- 1.0-litre 84kW/180Nm turbocharged petrol engine with seven-speed dual-clutch transmission
- Idle stop/start
- Paddle shifters
- 8.0-inch touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Voice recognition
- Advanced Drive Assist Display (4.2-inch TFT)
- Rearview camera and rear parking sensors
- Emergency Stop Signal
- Forward Collision Warning
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Intelligent Emergency Braking (pedestrian & cyclist)
- Lane Departure Warning and Intelligent Lane Intervention
- Intelligent Driver Alert
- Blind Spot Warning
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Active Speed Limiter
- Rear spoiler
- Daytime running lights
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Power-folding and heated door mirrors
- Auto LED headlights with High Beam Assist
- Hill Start Assist
- Intelligent Trace Control
- Intelligent Ride Control
- Monoform cloth seats
- Six-way manual-adjustment driver’s seat, four-way manual-adjustment front passenger’s seat
ST+ (adds to or replaces ST specification)
- LED Fog lights
- Satellite Navigation
- Heated front seats
- Front parking sensors
ST-L (adds to or replaces ST+ specification)
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Door and centre ambient lighting
- Moving Object Detection
- Intelligent Cruise Control
- Intelligent Around-View Monitor
- 7.0-inch TFT/Advanced Drive Assist™ Display (ADAD), driver’s binnacle
- Rear USB port for charging
- Six speakers
- Drive modes (Eco/Standard/Sport)
- Electric park brake with auto-hold
- Leather accented* steering wheel & shift knob
- Part cloth/leather seat trim
Ti (adds to or replaces ST-L specification)
- Follow-me-home headlights
- Quilted accented* leather with Alcantara® seat trim
- Alcantara dashboard, knee pad & door panels
- Shark-fin antenna
- Illuminated ‘JUKE’ entry kick plates
- 19-inch Akari alloy wheels
- Eight-speaker Bose Personal Plus audio
- Tyre-pressure-monitoring system
|Nissan JUKE – Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)**|
While you’re here subscribe to the MotoFomo Newsletter
Sign Up for the latest news, reviews, advice, buying guides and more delivered to your inbox every week