Mopar has announced the release of its newest crate engine, the Hellcrate Redeye 6.2-litre Supercharged HEMI V8.
With an angry 807hp the 6.2-litre supercharged Hellcrate Redeye Hemi V8 is ready to make your next project proper angry (can be dropped into anything built before 1976). This engine was first unleashed in the mental as anything Dodge Challenger SRT Demon back in 2018, which was able to pull a wheelie…
Since then, the Redeye has been used in the Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye, and the Challenger SRT hellcat Redeye, and the Challenger SRT Super Stock.
“2021 marks the year that Dodge is distilled to a pure performance brand with 700+ horsepower models available across the entire Dodge lineup,” said Tim Kuniskis, Global Head of Alfa Romeo and Head of Passenger Cars – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA – North America.
“The new 807-horsepower Hellcrate Redeye crate engine gives any pre-1976 vehicle owner another opportunity to become a member of the Dodge Brotherhood of Muscle by tapping into the Dodge//SRT power that wasn’t available then, but is now.”
Separating the Hellcrate Redeye from the regular Hellcrate engine are:
the new Hellcrate Redeye power plant features significant upgrades versus the standard Hellcrate engine, including:
- Larger supercharger – 2.7L Vs 2.4L;
- Increased boost pressure: 14.5psi versus 11.6psi;
- Higher rpm limit: 6500rpm versus 6200rpm;
- Forged alloy steel crankshaft with 90.9mm stroke and revised balancing;
- Induction-hardened crank bearing surfaces; individual journal optimized main bearing clearances;
- 5150 alloy gun-drilled camshaft optimized for high rpm performance and decreased weight;
- Forged high-strength alloy pistons; 30-micron increased piston-to-bore clearance;
- Powder-forged connecting rods; upgraded shank and big end; revised ultra-high tensile fasteners;
- 100% increase in piston-cooling jet flow;
- Revised valve-spring design with 33% increase in oiling for valve springs and rocker tips for improved lubrication and cooling;
- Single-groove collets on valve stems for improved stability;
- Oil pan and windage tray optimized for high acceleration – tested up to 1.8g; and
- Each engine is dyno-tested for 42 minutes before being shipped.
The Hellcrate Redeye engine (kit) lists at USD$21,807 and includes a supercharger with throttle body, fuel injectors, coil packs, water pump, front sump oil pan and flexplate. If you want to run a manual transmission, then Mopar will sell you all the necessary bits and pieces to do that too.
While you’re here subscribe to the MotoFomo Newsletter
Sign Up for the latest news, reviews, advice, buying guides and more delivered to your inbox every week