There will only be 30 Volkswagen T6.1 California Beach variants available in Australia this year and you’ll only be able to buy them online.
Spiritual successor to the VW Kombi, the T6.1 California Beach will be available in Australia from June in strict numbers (only 30 units) and will only be available to buy online at 10am on June 24. Sure, tradies will be interested in the rest of the T6.1 Transporter range with its Euro 6 engines, but it’s the camper version that will have Aussie adventurers most excited.
In a statement today, Volkswagen said, “With its unique two-tone paint and a raft of premium features, the vehicle will be the only fleet of Campers to arrive this year and in time for summer holidays”. But, don’t panic…the rest of the California range will be available to order from August but you’ll have to wait until 2021 before delivery.
Prices will start from$82,990+ORCs for the regular California range, but the Limited Edition model available in June has a starting price of $94,990+ORCs.
California Beach Limited Edition key features:
- Engine and transmission: EU6 engine: 110kW (TDI340)
- Transmission: 7-speed DSG 4Motion
- Two-tone paint (three colours: Candy White/Copper Bronze Metallic, Candy White/Ascot Grey, Candy White/Bay Leaf Green Metallic)
- Electro-hydraulic elevating roof
- Silver Awning
- Power latching left and right sliding door
- Power latching tailgate
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- five-seats with reclining three-seat bench
- Swivel Seats – driver and passenger
- Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
- Interior blinds
- Driver assistance as standard
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brake
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Blind spot monitoring with rear traffic alert and Lane Assist
- Park Distance Control Front and Rear with Rear View Camera
- Cross wind assist
- Functional equipment
- Second Battery
- Programmable Parking Heater
- Camping table and two camping chairs
- Digital Cockpit
- 8-inch Discover Media Satellite Navigation
- Wireless App Connect
- Voice Control
- Six speakers
- Two USB ports
While you’re here subscribe to the MotoFomo Newsletter
Sign Up for the latest news, reviews, advice, buying guides and more delivered to your inbox every week.